- 16MP 1/2.3″ CMOS Sensor
- NIKKOR f/3.7-6.4mm ED Lens
- 25-750mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 30x Optical Zoom Lens, 60x Dynamic Zoom
- 3″ 921k-Dot Vari-Angle LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- Built-In GPS, Wi-Fi, NFC Connectivity
- ISO 6400, 7 fps Continuous Shooting
- Mode Dial, Full Manual Exposure Control
The black COOLPIX S9900 Digital Camera from Nikon features a 16MP 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor for high-resolution imagery and full HD 1080p videos at 30 fps. The 30x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm equivalent focal range of 25-750mm for a wide-angle to telephoto zoom range. The lens can be further zoomed using the 60x Dynamic Fine Zoom that effectively doubles your reach. The lens also features Vibration Reduction to help reduce the appearance of camera shake when shooting at the longer zoom lengths or with longer shutter speeds. A 3″ 921k-dot vari-angle LCD screen allows you to compose images from unique angles, as well as review your shots and navigate menus.
Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity pair with Nikon snapbridge, allowing you to easily send images from the S9900 to your compatible smart device, and from there share on your favorite social media sites. With the camera’s GPS function enabled, it can record the location where each photo was taken and map your shooting path. A PSAM mode dial on top of the camera gives you control over the shutter speed and aperture.
- 16MP Image Sensor
- The 16MP 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor provides quality imagery and low-noise stills and videos up to ISO 6400.
- 30x NIKKOR VR Zoom Lens
- The S9900 has a 30x NIKKOR ED VR zoom lens with an focal length range of 4.5-135mm, giving a 35mm equivalent of 25-750mm, which covers wide-angle to telephoto shots with a maximum aperture range of f/3.7-6.4. It features ED lens elements for improving sharpness, color, and image quality, as well as Vibration Reduction to reduce the appearance of camera shake.
- 3″ LCD Screen
- The S9900’s 3″ 921k-dot TFT-LCD monitor has an anti-reflective coating, 6-level brightness adjustment, and features approximately 98% horizontal and 98% vertical coverage in shooting mode, and 100% coverage in playback mode.
- Wi-Fi and NFC with snapbridge
- Nikon snapbridge describes the experience of quickly and easily sending photos wirelessly from your Wi-Fi & NFC enabled COOLPIX S9900 to a compatible smartphone or tablet. Share your great photos on the go, even in remote locations, or use a smartphone or tablet to control your camera.
- The COOLPIX S9900 records the exact location of each shot you take, so you can follow the path of your adventure and every view along the way. Share your journeys on Google Maps, Google+, and other social networking sites, or with Nikon View NX2 software. Built-in mapping and Electronic compass also help you navigate unfamiliar destinations, and Points of Interest (POI) show you nearby photo-ops like scenic lookouts and historic landmarks.
- Full HD Video
- Start shooting full HD 1080p video at 30 fps with stereo sound at the touch of a button. Apply creative effects, combine short video clips into a 30-second montage, or create time-lapse movies right in the camera.
- Full Manual Exposure Control
- A PSAM mode dial is available right on top of the camera, much like a DSLR. Control the COOLPIX S9900’s aperture and shutter speed to shape your shots exactly as you want them or overcome difficult shooting situations. Automatic mode can also make those decisions for you.
- Built-In Flash
- When shooting in low-light or backlit situations, the pop-up TTL flash can act as a key or fill light to produce well lit images.